nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Best groundcover for (home) orchard

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Best groundcover for (home) orchard
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:48:42 EDT

Along this line, I have azlways kept the alleyways between my rows of berries cut short like a lawn. I had a number of people visitint the plantings and I wanted it to look good. There is a down-side, each year I noticed that I had more and more Jap beetles - I was creating a great place for them. They prefer a "lawn" to an open field or pasture to lay the eggs and reproduce. Now I have so many that have stopped growing raspberries because I will not spray them while there is fruit on the plants.

Ed Mashburn