nafex - [NAFEX] Spawn?

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: NAFEX <NAFEX@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Spawn?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:38:07 -0400

Hello All,

Sometimes you just feel dumb.

Every year after I empty my composter in the spring, I buy a
can of dew worms from the local worm vending machine, that
fisherman use, and put the can of worms into my new batch of
compost.

This year I saw a button on the vending machine for
"spawn". I thought spawn was worm egg casings, and bought a
can. Boy was I dumb!

They turned out to be fish eggs. Did not figure that out
till I was home, opened the can and found this inside;

http://www.rockwoodheaven.com/livebaitimages/eggs.jpg

What can I do with spawn, other than fishing bait? Can they
go in the rain barrel or drainage pond and give me some
mosquito eating fish? Or should I just bury them in the
compost and let them rot?

Everything else that comes out of that vending machine is
alive, so I assume the eggs (spawn) are alive. I could just
be having another attack of dumbness.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom