nafex - Re: [NAFEX] need help using this message board

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas@tbeckett.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] need help using this message board
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:27:00 -0400

Uwillard@aol.com wrote:
When I signed up, I asked to receive the digests to my email. This is how I read all the posts. But isn't there some way I can go to the message board at will and read the current posts? I have found no way to do this - so why do I have a password?

Hi Uma. I think that you can change your user preferences (and add a password to your account) you just click on the link in the footer that comes at the end of every post:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/nafex

You'll find instructions there on how to change your user settings using email, or to log onto a Web page where you can change your settings. The latter is a bit easier to use. If you can't remember your password or not sure you have one, a the very bottom of the page linked above you will find a button to request that a password reminder be sent to you. Takes about 3 minutes for that to happen.

I also need some technical advice. When replying to a post, do I have to manually type in the subject I am referring to? And how do I include the text I am referring to?

If you are replying to a post you received in a digest, it is polite to:

a) change the subject line to the subject of the original post to which you are replying, and

b) edit out all the other extraneous text from the reply message -- that is, don't copy the entire digest in your message just to reply to an individual post.