nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Air Blast Sprayers?

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Air Blast Sprayers?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:49:59 -0400

Hello,

As a boy I remember large trucks spraying for mosquitos with such equipment (60's).  They would drive along the street and direct the continuous air blast with spray into the wooded area.

Doesn't the air blast method evaporate out the moisture on hot dry summer days?

Later,
tom

Jwlehman@aol.com wrote:

I use a one gallon sprayer with the spray tip opened all the way
open. I then hold the steady stream a few inches in front of my gas
powered leaf blower. The spray is then turned into a mist  that will
reach into the tops of any fruit tree. This mini blast sprayer works
with all  spray material.          Dan

Hello everyone,

While visiting a chemical company's orchard test site a few years back I saw a system like Dans being used for controlled close quarters spraying. They used a back mounter leaf blower with a mist nozzle in the air output tube. Worked well.

Dan sure knows how to make one feel slightly ill. I just paid $4,000 for a PTO air blast sprayer.

Jerry

_______________________________________________ nafex mailing list  nafex@lists.ibiblio.org **YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!** All other messages are discarded. No exceptions.   ---- To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be used to change other email options): http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex File attachments are NOT stripped by this list TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES! Please do not send binary files. Use plain text ONLY in emails! Message archives are here: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex NAFEX web site:   http://www.nafex.org/

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada