nafex - [NAFEX] voles

  • From: "Peter Knop" <knop@erols.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] voles
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 08:58:26 -0500

We have lots of fox, hawk etc. but does no good in years when populations
swell (every 3 to 5 years), and with a commercial nursery, this can be
disasterous - lost thousands of scotch pine one year. So vole poison has
been our solution - hate using it (any chemicals for that matter), but in
this case we had no alternative. The waxed variety is best as it resists
water. We put it every ten feet or so in the runs the voles make, or the
holes when we see them.

  • [NAFEX] voles, Peter Knop, 04/03/2004