nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting knife bevel

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting knife bevel
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:27:55 -0500

I would describe it more as pulling the scion away from you while holding the knife in place than pulling the knife towards you. Much safer!

Ginda

On Mar 25, 2004, at 9:09 PM, loneroc wrote:

Lisa,

Though it may go against all the knife safety you were ever taught as a
child, you pull the knife toward you when you (whip and tongue) graft. It's
not particularly dangerous, but the movement is much easier to perform after
you've watched someone graft in person.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI