nafex - [NAFEX] Myadvice on hardy kiwis.

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Myadvice on hardy kiwis.
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:18:27 -0500

My I heard long ago that Hardy Kiwis are best planted on the NORTH side of a building. The reason being that it is the side that the ground thaws last and growth is later to start.

  I had problems with early frost or freezes killing the blossoms etc. till now the ones that are planted on the north side of my backyard small garage (Storage) have done very well and produced more than I use. Except for the year we had a very late freeze that wiped out all growth and I had nothing on anything. Nut trees were black and took a long time to recover.

Where my original kiwis are planted now is a 6 foot high mesh of branches and the blossoms that are underneath always have a few.

Gordon C. Nofs

Flint, MI.

From: Martha Barrett / Scott Weber

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN.

  • [NAFEX] Myadvice on hardy kiwis., Gordon Nofs, 03/23/2004