nafex - [NAFEX] Dormant Spray

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Dormant Spray
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:31:05 -0500

Hello All,

Just applied my dormant spray today and I have a question...

I used a hose end sprayer this year made by Ortho (for tree and shrub, has
25' reach). I usually use a pump
sprayer.

Anyway, the ratio is 2 to 1 (2 lime/sulfur to 1 oil). When I put what I
needed into the hose end sprayer there
was no room to add any water. I sprayed it and it smelled the same intensity
as when I use a pump sprayer (not
lovely).

Is it normal NOT to add any water to the hose end sprayer, when using it for
dormant spray? You have to add
water with any other chemical spray, but you use a lot less of other
chemicals ratio wise.

Thanks,
Tom

The air was pretty stinky from farmers emptying their manure pits onto their
fields, so I figured who'd notice
my stinky spray. (smile)