nafex - Re: [NAFEX] parafilm grafting tape

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] parafilm grafting tape
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:48:33 -0500

Hello,

I have had my finger in melted paraffin (canning wax) and melted grafting
wax, and paraffin must have a much
higher melting point. Will this higher temp damage buds?

Someone gave me an old can of grafting wax, and it is very soft to begin
with, melts very easy, and you can
stick your finger into the liquid wax with no burning. It claims to be more
flexible than regular wax and will
not break up in cood weather, or hot.

Is canning wax (paraffin) a feasible replacement?

Later,
Tom