nafex - Re: [NAFEX] parafilm grafting tape

  • From: "Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] parafilm grafting tape
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 06:22:54 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: Diane Sent: 3/16/2004 5:06:24 AM To:
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [NAFEX] parafilm grafting tape
I bought 2 rolls of this tape from an orchard supply store.THEY said I probly
wouldn't
need additional wrapping material.I am doing a "V" saddle graft.I plan to dip
in
a hot canning wax solution.Has this method worked for others? skip s. zone 5
The
Parafilm is intended to replace the hot wax - it will seal the graft to
prevent
dessication - I wrap the entire graft union and scion. I would not count on
Parafilm
alone to hold a graft together; for most grafts, I'll use grafting/budding
rubbers,
then cover with Parafilm, but with 3- &4-flap grafts on nut trees, I wrap
with with
the Parafilm first, then with the budding rubbers. Lucky