nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Info on Black Currant questions (long)

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Info on Black Currant questions (long)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:46:38 +0000

We're eating Titania and Crandall (R. aureum, an American) and though these two currants have
comparable levels of total phenolics and rust resistance, they differ in
flavor and aroma, as noted by Ginda. Crandall was my introduction to
currants; I'm still impressed with its cooked flavor and continue to grow it. Richard Moyer
Zone 6, Bristol, TN

Perhaps an ignorant question, but has Crandall been crossed with Titania or Consort? Del

Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000! http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2