nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Grafting cuts

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Grafting cuts
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:12:18 +0000

my first 2 thoughts are this , ( I dont think the problem is your knife)
a. Angle the knife more toward parallel with the scion (if parallel is 0 degrees, try a knife angle of 30 degreees) - this gives more blade contact to help level the cut
b. Out toward the end of the cut - you may need to learn some compensation for the way the wood flexes differently as it gets thinner.
Good Luck, This stuff is sure easier shown in person!
Del

Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3