nafex - [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:51:13 EST

This morning I talked to Plant Heralth Care, Inc., Pittsburg, PA.

About 5 years ago I purchased their trade marked product, "MycorTree" which is a dried innoculant of both endo and ecto fungi for trees. They told me the life expectancy of the ecto portion is about 10 years when stored under refrigeration as I did mine. The endo portion about three years.

This product comes in 3 oz. packets when mixed as a slurry will treat up to 100 small bear root trees. This is done at planting.  I have ordered 10 packets but only need about 2. The smallest order is 10 packets at about $95. You can visit their web site at planthealthcare.com

Jerry