nafex - [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi - application through irrigation?

  • From: "Rodney Eveland" <reveland@collinscom.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi - application through irrigation?
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 13:54:07 -0700

I searched with Google using phrases like Mycorrhizal Fungi 2003 and
Mycorrhizal fungi 2004 in an attempt to get the latest information. I
came across sites that say it has to be applied to the roots prior to
planting and sites that said it can be applied via irrigation or
broadcasting and tilling or broadcasting and watering in.

I also came across the following site on grapes but I don't understand
their lingo very well as I don't know some of the terminology. I'm
hoping someone can convert into everyday language (30% Et from fruit
set to veraison =?).
http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/Publications.htm?seq_no_
115=156074

Here is the parent URL the above one was found at. It has more
material.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/services/TekTran.htm?ttt=TTBrowse&stp_code=124
3

And this website has a great picture of the difference in root
structure between sterile soil and well populated soil.

http://www.fungi.com/mycogrow/amaranthus.htm

Micheal P Amaranthus, PHD however, has a suspicious name as that is
also the name of a plant species so maybe he had a ghost writer ;-).

  • [NAFEX] Mycorrhizal fungi - application through irrigation?, Rodney Eveland, 03/07/2004