nafex - [NAFEX] Pear seedling problems

  • From: "Dean Kreutzer" <deankreutzer@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pear seedling problems
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:50:44 -0600

Hello all,

I made some pear crosses last year and I am currently growing the seedlings under grow lights. Most of the seedlings are beginning to suffer; symptoms are as follows: The leaves starting from the tip are turning black, and eventually moves back to cover the entire leaf. In others, the stem turns black and in time evelopes the seedling. I have been removing all dead seedlings and cutting off blackend leaf material. Does anyone have an idea what this problem is and how to prevent it?

Thanks for your help,

Dean Kreutzer
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
USDA zone 3