nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Ultimate Cooking Apple

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "Three Hills Farm" <organic@threehillsfarm.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Ultimate Cooking Apple
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 08:39:03 -0700

I once made baked apples from Caville Blanc.  They were absolutely outstanding.  I have not yet had enough for pie.  So far my family's favorite pie was a Johnagold though the grimes pie was excellent also. Golden Noble makes great sauce but I wouldn't bother to pie it since it goes to mush.
Naomi
in Idaho