nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Messages that extend far to the right of a page.

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Messages that extend far to the right of a page.
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:36:25 -0500

Actually, they are generally only sent as both if the option to send both is selected. Most email clients allow you to choose html, text or both. I do agree that text works better in a listserv.

And, yes with most mail clients you can wrap html correctly - sometimes you need to change display as well as send options

On 11.02.04 15:15 Diane Whitehead spoke thusly:<br>
Rodney Eveland wrote:
or if I can make the HTML format automatically
> wrap text too.

I don't know why you want to send messages in HTML rather than in text. One of my email addresses uses Pine for email, and HTML messages are shown as a blank. (Well, there is a message to say that the message can't be displayed.)

Other lists request that people use plain text, because HTML messages are stored as double messages in their archives: both text and HTML, and this uses up too much archive space.

Diane Whitehead