nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fiction and fact.

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fiction and fact.
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:41:48 -0500

Hello,

Looking at history, and the tragedies of mankind, I would have to say that fact is much worse than fiction.

People who believed, with their whole heart and mind, they were doing the world a service, and rushed blindly ahead, have produced more tragedy than any fiction.

To cite a minor example: The thalamide disaster.

I am not saying that genetic engineering is good or bad, only we do not know enough to release GM seed/plant into the wild.

Because something can be achieved, doesn't mean it is good.  Much more study is needed before "safe" can be applied to this topic.  Just my opinion.

Later,
Tom

Jwlehman@aol.com wrote:

<snip>Fiction can do more harm than good. <snip>