nafex - Re: [NAFEX] American Mirabelle Plum

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] American Mirabelle Plum
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 09:40:21 -0500

On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 09:18 PM, Rodney Eveland wrote:

I came across this plum at Cummins nurseries.
http://www.dabney.com/cumminsnursery/plum.htm

They describe it's flavor as addictive.

Does anyone know the characteristics of this particular plum including
hardiness zone? They also sell just plain old Mirabelle so there must
be a difference.

I would contact Cummins and ask them. They're pretty reliable people.

I expect it's hardy at least in zone 5 as they're near Geneva, New York.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly