nafex - [NAFEX] groundhog solutions

  • From: "Peter Knop" <knop@erols.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] groundhog solutions
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:00:28 -0500

Back in the old days when we had farm folk as neighbors
rather than town houses, an often used method of getting rid of ground hogs
was to block all but one entrance, (and that one partially) stick a pipe or
hose down it connected to the exhaust of a gasoline engine (car or pickup
usually) and let it run for half an hour. CO and CO2 would do the trick.
We have tried it on beavers with unknown success - probably were not
able to block all the outlets, not to mention the mound itself was probably
not airtight.
Peter, Zone 7 N. VA

  • [NAFEX] groundhog solutions, Peter Knop, 02/06/2004