nafex - RE: [NAFEX] mountain ash utility

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] mountain ash utility
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:47:17 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] mountain ash utility
Lon,
Do you have any experience growing the non-bitter eastern European varieties from seed?  I am wondering if Sorbus are like citrus in that most come true from seed, or like apples in that most do not come true from seed.  I am thinking mainly of the bitter/non-bitter characterisitc.  Each year I have many Sorbus seedlings come up around my yard, but none so far is worth keeping even to nibble.
-Mark Lee, Seattle