nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting- where/how

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting- where/how
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:31:07 +0000

I've never found it necessary to protect the scion from drying. Unless it is in poor shape (for example, started to break dormancy in storage). Of course, WI has pretty reliably high relative humidity in the spring.

Watering the rootstock before grafting, and making sure it has adequate water thru the growing season, has been more help to my grafting (sandier soils.)

tc, s.WI