nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 12, Issue 26

  • From: "Teghtmeyer, Suzanne R" <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 12, Issue 26
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:50:11 -0600

Ronda,
Would you please tell your neighbor that the State's floral emblem is
the white hawthorn blossom (Crataegus spp.), but the state tree of
Missouri is flowering dogwood, Cornus Florida L.

(Missouri state grape in Norton/Cynthiana Vitis aestivalis, state nut is
black walnut)
Thanks, :)

----Suzi Teghtmeyer
Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
Missouri State Fruit Experiment Station and Mid-America Viticulture and
Enology Center,
Southwest Missouri State University, Mountain Grove Campus
Evans Library Homepage: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/
AgNIC Viticulture site:
http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/viticulture1.shtml
Email: srt175f@smsu.edu