nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 12, Issue 28

  • From: Jason MacArthur <rotread@localnet.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 12, Issue 28
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:00:33 -0500

Regarding the veneer/whip and tongue graft(Fackler, NAFEX digest Vol. 12 issue 25) or the splice graft(Barret/Webber NAFEX digest vol. 12 issue 14), described below, does this graft involve merely pulling back the bark, as I understand is done in a veneer graft(Garner), or do you actually cut a facet into the wood roughly the width of the whip cut on the scionwood? Why is the cut on the stock shorter than the cut on the whip? Sorry to be so dense, but I'm having a hard time grasping this. Thank you all, Jason MacArthur

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:05:59 +0000 "Ed Forest" <edforest55@hotmail.com>