nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wood Ashes

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wood Ashes
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:26:47 +0000

I also dispose of wood ashes by broadcasting them under fruit trees, bushes, vines. And on flowerbeds, and landscape shrubs, etc. I follow the motto "less is more", and always try to apply them thinner than I think will do any good, in an effort to aviod doing harm with too much.

Of course, I also broadcast only as much as I DIDN'T use on the driveway the previous winter, so the amount of ashes available in the spring is a factor of how much wood was burned, and how snowy the winter was.

tc