nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Lehman's food mill

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: <griffingardens@earthlink.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Lehman's food mill
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:03:40 -0600

We have a Victoro (I hope that is spelled right) strainer that looks a lot
like the one pictured on the Lehman's site. I think that Straino was another
popular brand. We bought it in the mid-1970s and have used it a lot. Used to
use it to do all of our tomatoes, applesauce (when we wanted smooth apple
sauce, using cooked apples) and other fruits and vegetables. Since the boys
have grown up and no longer are willing to spend a morning cranking the food
mill, and we grow less tomatoes, we use our Champion juicer to do our
tomatoes in recent years. My wife and I can get a 5 gallon kettle or 2 ready
to start simmering before I go to work at 7am if we get right at it when we
get up in the morning--of course the tomatoes were picked the day before.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI