nafex - [NAFEX] Peach Seeds

  • From: "Scott Williamson" <swilliamson@acespower.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Peach Seeds
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 07:17:44 -0500

For Christmas my grandparents gave me a bunch of seed from their peach tree.
I would like to see if I can get any of the seeds to grow and I'm not sure of
the best way to go about it. It would seem that the seeds would need some
weathering to get them started, but I was wondering if anyone has any
suggestions of the best way to go about it. Should I try to get them in the
ground or a pot now or wait till spring? Is there anything special I should
look out for? The ground is not really frozen yet so I could plant them if
that's best.

Thanks,
Scott Williamson
Central Indiana, Zone 5b