nafex - > Subject: [NAFEX] Corporate farms

  • From: Rondi <dee@mokalive.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: > Subject: [NAFEX] Corporate farms
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:50:25 -0600

Small farms died in the mid 60's and early 70's because they were taxed the
hell out of. In the early 60's an aunt of mine started a dairy farm by first
raising hogs and then selling them off to buy dairy cows. They could make a
living at it. Now you can't. Taxes/inflation (same thing) and regulations on
land, machinery, everything kills any chance there is of profit. This was an
aggressive move by the social architechs of this nation and they sold it by
saying the taxes were for education. It moved people into towns,
disconnected from the land and after one generation left our society
ignorant of what freedom really is. And their children stupid of what it
means to be alive.

Rondi

> Subject: [NAFEX] Corporate farms
> To: "Bill Russell" <shaman@pennswoods.net>, "North American Fruit
> Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
>
> The myth of the small farm died in the 1930s after tractors became widely
> used. You might be suprised that the average farmer buys their food at a
> supermarket like the rest of us do and doesn't have a milk cow or butcher
> their own meat or can vegetables from their garden. The small farm also
> died
> because people weren't willing to work for subsistence any longer, they
> wanted
> a 9 to 5 job in a factory instead. (How you going to keep em down on the
> farm?) Small farms also disappeared because of the economy of scale and too
> many farmers worldwide producing too much driving food prices down with
> government encouragement.

  • > Subject: [NAFEX] Corporate farms, Rondi, 12/21/2003