nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: black raspberries

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: black raspberries
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:20:37 -0800

ellen lewis wrote:

Do you think they would be thrifty in a mild climate like the Oregon coast?
I tried regular blacks a few years ago as I liked them as a kid in New
England, but they did nothing here.
Sam

I have eaten wild black raspberries in oregon by the rogue river near the coast. one would think there would be a good local variety.
ellen

You are talking about Gold Beach?
We live about 100 miles north of there, near Florence.
There are no wild rarpberries of any type around here.
Lots of wild blackberries, salmon berries and thimble berries. The nurseries have none either. What you ate was probably a cultivated one that got away from someone or a bird dropped a seed from a home orchard.
Sam