nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tree paint??

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tree paint??
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:50:20 -0500

This is probably one of those things that depends on your climate and the number of trees you have. If you have a whole orchard, it's just cheaper to use paint where paint is good enough, and it will last longer, too. But if you have five trees that you were going to spray with surround anyway, and your climate is dry enough that the surround stays put, it's probably easier and just as good to spray the trunks at the same time as the foliage - then you only need to mix up one batch of stuff and clean out the sprayer one time.

Ginda

Eastern MA, zone 6
Where a gentle fall rain is wetting my shredded leaves (my own trees - no herbicides to worry about) onto the ground. I just hope we get some more water before the strong winds show up.