nafex - [NAFEX] Kitchen gardeners of the world unite!

  • From: "Roger Doiron" <roger@kitchengardeners.org>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Kitchen gardeners of the world unite!
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:16:24 -0500

There's a new nonprofit organization for gardening gastronomes of all shapes, sizes, and nationalities: Kitchen Gardeners International (KGI).  Started in Maine, KGI is slowly building an international support base of people who enjoy playing an active role in their own sustenance.

Our goal is to celebrate and promote home-grown, home-prepared foods in their many international forms.  In doing so, we celebrate the multiple benefits - health, environmental, gastronomic - that go along with the kitchen gardening lifestyle.  Each month, we feature a kitchen gardener from a different part of the world to see what he or she is growing and eating.  Next month, we'll be introducing our readers and members to a woman from Southwestern France who's got a way with walnuts.

For kitchen gardening resources, membership information, and a free monthly newsletter, please see the KGI website: www.kitchengardeners.org

Thanks for your attention and please help us to spread the word.

Roger Doiron
president (volunteer)
KGI

  • [NAFEX] Kitchen gardeners of the world unite!, Roger Doiron, 11/11/2003