nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple tree size and....

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple tree size and....
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:30:11 +0000

Andrew --

How is the DEER HERD in your area ?! You may need to fence each tree anyway, to keep deer from damaging them ! I've resorted to putting a 3-foot diameter and 5-foot tall (average; wider can be shorter) fence around each of my trees, at least until they are above browse height. Just the hoop of woven-wire fence, with minimal staking, keeps deer from feeding. In a regular pasture, you probably want 3 or 4 sturdy posts per tree... again the question "How much money do you have ?" I'm a reasonably good scavenger, but I've had to buy some fencing.

tc, s.WI, so many deer it's no wonder we have an epidemic like CWD

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)

  • Re: [NAFEX] apple tree size and...., tanis cuff, 11/07/2003