nafex - Re: [NAFEX] plum tree

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] plum tree
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 05:13:30 -0600

My Tokas this year were an extraordinarily aromatic, eye-popping wonder!  The finest plums I have had thus far.  They vary in taste a fair amount from year to year for me.  Perhaps the dry summer here concentrated flavor.  You also have to be sure to thin very well.

I got my material from Frank Folz of Northwind Nursery.  Be careful.  Hansen's South Dakota material has been terribly confused since the turn of the century.

Steve Herje
Lone Rock, WI   USDA Zone 3