nafex - Re: [NAFEX] interest in potted culture

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] interest in potted culture
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:20:45 -0700

Michelle asked how people manage potted trees for the winter. I haul stuff in and out of shelter, but I saw a TV garden show years ago that showed a public garden on Lake Geneva, I think. There was a big old "winter garden" with large citrus, palms etc. growing in the ground inside a building framework. For the winter, they replaced all the glass wall and roof panels that they had stored all summer. Maybe if they were constructing it now they would have an electrically controlled sliding glass roof. I bet one could construct a sunroom that could open up for the summer.

--
Diane Whitehead Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8