nafex - [NAFEX] my comments on the little orange devils

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] my comments on the little orange devils
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

A couple of you wondered if fluffy is a conspiracy theorist after my comments
on the asian ladybird beetles. Naw, Art Bell has never been my style :)

Here is one of many comments and links availabel on the topic though.

<snip>

Actually, these ladybugs are from Asia. According to entomologists at the
University of California Riverside (UCR), the Asian Lady Beetle (or Harmonia
Axyridis, if you want to get fancy) was introduced to the U.S. intentionally
by the Department of Agriculture to help control aphid populations. However,
it worked better than expected and in the early 90's the species, which has
no natural enemy in North America, established itself. It is now reaching
epidemic proportions.

<end snip>

Source:

http://www.journalism.ryerson.ca/online/krazy/over/wseccombe.htm