nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 8, Issue 49

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 8, Issue 49
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:51:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hector wrote:

Re: [NAFEX] Speaking bluntly...Arkansas BlackHey Rick,
For several years we've bought from a half bushel to 2 bushels of
Ark. Blacks to eat in the winter. They're quite good by December, and
are one of the easiest apples to store at home. We wrap them in
newspaper and store them in an unheated garage. Not the finest apple I've
ever tasted but they are quite passable and good in cooking.

My reply:

Hmmm...do the store crisp or turn to mush? An unheated garage? Wow...when
do they ripen where you are at? I am north of you and I know that my
unheated garage gets warmer than 50 for most of Sept, Oct and part of Nov so
I am surprised they keep that well.

So by cooking are you saucing them, frying them, baking them, using them in
pie or what.

Very curious,

the fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!