nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Fig

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Fig
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:13:09 -0400

Someone else (I think on this list) recently recommended using watermelon to
distract yellow jackets. Since then I've been hanging slices of muskmelon in
my gage tree and yellow jacket, wasps, and everyone else are leaving the
gages alone. I replace a slice of melon every couple days, after the insects
have finished off the previous one. I did have to renew my ant control
measures because as soon as the ants discovered the melon, the yellow jackets
went back to the gages. Now they're back to the melon. Yellow jackets never
bother my figs.
Bruce Wittchen
1/2 mile from Hartford, CT
Zone 6

>My best crop of figs this year has been attacked by a combination of yellow
>jackets, flies, and ladybugs(?). Has anyone had a similiar problem in the
>past, and what was your solution?
>
>Chris Mauchline
>SE PA, zone 6
>40° 5' N 75° 51'W
>~650 ft elevation

Diabetics: Click here for a Free Glucose Meter from Access Diabetic.
http://r.hotbot.com/r/lmt_ad/http://mocda4.com/1/c/563632/102938/302214/302214
This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only

  • [NAFEX] Re: Fig, Kristina & Bruce, 09/22/2003