nafex - [NAFEX] Book for grape fanatics (in French)

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Book for grape fanatics (in French)
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:01:38 -0400

For the grape fanatics who can read French, a book was recently published
by INRA Editions:
"Muscats et variétés muscatées, Inventaire et synonymie universels, des
origines à nos jours" by A. Bronner, ISBN 2-7380-1089-X, 224 p, 48 Euros.
WWW: www.inra.fr/editions

This book is about Muscats and muscat related varieties - some 4400
varieties are listed... It includes an inventory, synonyms and genetic
origin.
Muscat uses for wine in different country are described, and also for table
grapes and for drying. It is mentioned this book is for professionnals...

I haven't seen the book - only a publicity leaflet the editor sends to me
since I bought a book on French cider apples a few years ago. From my
experience with the book on cider apples, you should expect a highly
technical book and a definite reference on the subject of muscat grapes.

Claude, Quebec.

  • [NAFEX] new book, Lon J. Rombough, 09/08/2003
    • [NAFEX] Book for grape fanatics (in French), Claude Jolicoeur, 09/09/2003