nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fall Pruning

  • From: markl <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fall Pruning
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 16:40:29 -0400 (EST)

Summer pruning can cause fruit spurs to form. This is one of the goals of
the Lorette Method of pruning. Timing is everything. Pruning affects
hormones in the tree, and when done in summer, the hormones favor fruit spur
formation. In practice, accomplishing this is more an art than science.
-Mark Lee