nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Selection by leaf size of persimmons

  • From: longdistshtr <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Selection by leaf size of persimmons
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:25:05 -0400

I planted a bunch of seeds from a member from Tenn. expecting his described
big fruit and small seed. They matured and all eight this year set some of
the best male flowers and largest nice leaves of all my trees.
Suggest you determine gender before you do anything to them. Takes about 3-5
years in this locale. I bought twelve rooted grafted trees from one nursery
and only two were females and one was a hermaphrodite. I didn't get around
to grafting some female scions on them yet. Maybe I will make mallets and
golf heads out of them.
Off topic: Gordon Nofs sent me one of his jokes today so even tho' his
speech is affected but the stroke didn't bother his keyboard or sense of
humor, so let him know that we expect him to add to our little discussions.
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as
well dance."
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8 Muscadine and Fig Country

  • [NAFEX] Re: Selection by leaf size of persimmons, longdistshtr, 09/04/2003