nafex - [NAFEX] RE: Zone 4 Asian pears

  • From: Kevin Bradley <kbradley@ttlc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] RE: Zone 4 Asian pears
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:10:44 -0500

Mr Moyers asked: When does your Shinsui ripen?

My answer: Its still in a nursery row and only 4 feet tall, do I don't
know.

If Chojuro is marginal, I presume you can't ripen Shinko or Korean
Giant

Haven't tried those, I chose all my varieties for short season
performance, Chojuro was planted by someone else.

Is fireblight an issue for you?

Fortunately, fireblight has not yet visited us anywhere on the farm,
knock on wood.

If I recall, Ed Fackler provided much of the information from which I
made my choices, he would be another very knowledgeable source for zone
6.

Richard Moyer
Zone 6, East Tenn