nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Safe and effective herbicide

  • From: "Lutesville" <Lutesville@cox.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Safe and effective herbicide
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:37:17 -0500

>>we've used goats to clear cut poison ivy, they love it & are not affected by the rhus toxin. my pygmy goat prefers burdock & thistle second only to styrofoam...<<

The problem with feeding them on poison ivy is the affectionate nature of many goats. First they eat the PI, then they nuzzle your arm. You know what comes next.

Now that it has been mentioned, the tree problem was less when we had goats. Penning them in the troublesome area should work. Now if we can work out the coyote/ferral dog problem in the area, so we can get goats again.

Thanks,
Joyce