nafex - Re: [NAFEX] comfrey, wandering farther afield

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] comfrey, wandering farther afield
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:21:02 -0400

I looked up "comfrey" on google because I wanted to know what it looks like. Curiously, in the first couple of links i found sites promoting its use as a digestive aid and for wound healing, and sites warning about how very toxic the plant is, and how you shouldn't ingest it or expose broken skin to it. I gather substances in it are toxic to the liver and promote cancers. (Of course, promoting cell growth might both promote cancer and also promote wound healing, I suppose.)

Ginda