nafex - [NAFEX] (no subject)

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:28:42 -0700 (PDT)

The ever enthusiastic Edwardo wrote:

The central problem which has plagued Pomona for many years is simply
finding folks willing to share experiences without the proverbial
pontificating on so-called "morality" influences (organic vs traditional, for
example, although at times various references to religions crept in).

My reply:

Ahhhh….so tempting to just “spell” this out, but with the various
temperaments present on the list, I’ll just speak in generic terms.

You might wish to consider the impact that “morality issues” have in general
on the entire genera of “growers”. You may conclude, as I have, that for
some the two are intertwined by personality or personal choice and not easily
segregated into a discrete piece of information. As an example, some of the
finest growers I met where Amish…and my limited understanding is their
beliefs drove their thrift, which incidentally appears to one of the two
large factors in their success. The other one being their understanding and
desire to be good stewards.

I guess I am saying for one such as me, it is easy to divorce ‘morality’
issues from fact or science, however for many others I suspect it is not as
easy as some might think.

Another worthwhile pursuit of thought might be how a Puritan might approach
agriculture. Which would directly address Diane Whitehead’s neighbor quoted
below:

<begin snip>

The central problem which has plagued Pomona for many years is simply
finding folks willing to share experiences without the proverbial
pontificating on so-called "morality" influences (organic vs traditional,
for example, although at times various references to religions crept in).

<end snip>

As always Ed, I wish you the very best,

The rabbit

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] (no subject), fuwa fuwa usagi, 08/05/2003