nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach grafts and wasps

  • From: mark wessel <growyourown@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach grafts and wasps
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:35:41 -0400

Jason,
I saved this posting from Lee Elliot back in febuary.

Mark

I successfully rid the orchard of yellow jackets with a small amount of
diazanon (0ne quarter teaspoon 50wp mixed up in one can of cat food)
then small amount stuffed in a pop can suspended and tied to a trellis
wire every 50 yards thru the orchard. You do it this way so birds aren't
poisoned. This was 3 years ago, seldom do I see one now. Kills the
queens that overwinter, no new nests. I lost tons of sweet apples in the
past, YJ crawling inside bags, customers drove off, try it, Lee Elliott
APPLE HILL ORCHARD, Winchester, Illinois