nafex - RE: [NAFEX] grape propagating//bottom heater

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] grape propagating//bottom heater
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:06:32 -0500

mIEKAL asked:

> where does one get a good cheap bottom heater?

Friends of mine use water bed heaters that they buy at garage sales
for a dollar or two. I think that these are flat and are made to go under the
water bed mattress and keep the large volume of water warm, and seem to do a
good job for them when they start seedlings for their market garden.

I bought one of the sort of expensive one with a seperate thermostat
from the Leonard catalog 6 to 10 years ago, and it is working fine yet.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>

  • RE: [NAFEX] grape propagating//bottom heater, Erdman, Jim, 07/28/2003