nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Currants

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Currants
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 07:47:53 -0400

I brought a bag of red currants to work and offered them to everyone who came into my office. I warned each person that they were sour. The reactions varied a lot - one woman made a face that looked like she might be sick. One man accepted my offer of half of what was left in the bag to take back to his office.

The neighborhood kids mostly like them. My daughter says she doesn't really like the flavor, but they are so much fun to eat that she eats them anyway. (I serve them with strings attached, and you pull off the berried with your teeth while removing the strings from your mouth.)

Ginda