nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Doc Farwell's grafting seal

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Doc Farwell's grafting seal
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:10:10 -0400

I have less grafting experience than most people on the list, but I bought
Doc Farwell's this year and think it's great stuff for an amateur to have on
hand. I wrapped a number of bark grafts and whip grafts with parafilm and
used Farwells to seal the ends of the parafilm and any exposed cut wood. I
can see it would be excellent for budding, but haven't done any with it. I
had tried some whip and tongue grafts on apples, using only Farwells to hold
the grafts, but that was a complete failure. If I had to give up either
parafilm or Farwells, the Farwells would have to go. But it's nice to have
both.
Bruce Wittchen
Zone 6 CT