nafex - [NAFEX] Smith's Orleans Plum

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: bill_foote@nyc.wunderman.com
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Smith's Orleans Plum
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:56:51 -0400

Hi all - Here's a message from a non-NAFEXer and I offered to post it here:

In the middle of the 19th century, Smith's Orleans, a variety raised by a Mr.
Smith of Gowanus, Long Island, New York, was considered about the best plum
of its color in America. We are seeking to establish it on the banks of the
newly rejuvenated Gowanus Canal and would appreciate any information on
cuttings or trees available for purchase.

If anyone has any information, please contact Bill at
bill_foote@nyc.wunderman.com. He isn't a member of this list, so a reply to
the list won't reach him. But please copy any responses to the list too
because some of us will be interested. Even if no one else is, I am. Thanks.

Bruce Wittchen
Zone 6 CT