nafex - [NAFEX] Rejected Posts (posts by non-members)

  • From: "NAFEX List" <nafexlist@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rejected Posts (posts by non-members)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:14:41 -0700

Dear NAFEX LIST,

I returned from a week of vacation to find 28 messages held for administrator review. Many are spam, but several seem to be legitimate posts by "non-members."

In the past I forwarded the legitimate messages, but it has become a recurring and ever-increasing task. This time around I deleted the obvious spam, and "rejected" the posts the "possibly relevent" posts by non-members, which is to say ONLY that they were not forwarded to the rest of the group. The "rejection" is in no way a judgment on their suitability to the list--in fact most seemed appropriate based on their subject header.

In the future you will need to post from an address that is recognized by the list server as being a member to have it delivered to the list. That is the email address that you subscribed under, and the email address to which all list email is forwarded. There seem to be three main ways that legitimate email is rejected.

2. From time to time your Internet Service Provider may make subtle changes to the way your outgoing mail looks. Instead of "user@isp.com" it might have changed to "user@mail.isp.com" or some other variation. The server is VERY literal and will not see these users as being the same person. You can go http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex, log in with YOUR email address at the bottom field, and change your email info by following the button link near the top of the page. You will need to log in and use your password (reminder can be sent) to make this change.

3. Some people use more than one email address or identity, and post messages under an email address OTHER than what they subscribed to the email list with. You may subscribe with any number of email addresses that you potentially might POST from.